How To Properly Clean Wine Glasses
It does not matter if you are planning a dinner party or simply using your wine glasses to unwind after a long day with some Netflix and a glass of the finest wine; you do not want to drink out of a cloudy wine glass. Furthermore, the dried water spots influence the overall experience.
With this in mind, the million-dollar question is; how do you clean and dry wine glasses?
Well, before we dive into how to clean wine glasses best, there are few things you must note first. These things act as the fundamentals of a successful cleaning procedure. They include:
• Avoid Scented Soap dish – When it comes to cleaning wine glasses, you should avoid scented dish soap. If you must use scented dish soap, then consider choosing one with a mild scent. The aim is to avoid leaving traces of soap behind. Any added scent reduces the core taste of the wine.
• Rinse after use – If you are not going to wash the glasses immediately after use, it is wise to rinse to prevent discoloration or staining.
• Do Not Use the Dishwasher – It does not matter the kind of material your wine glasses are made from; you should never use a dishwasher to wash wine glasses. Otherwise, you will end up with wine glasses without its stem.
• Use Gentle Cleaning Tools – One limitation of wine glasses is that they can be scratched easily. For this reason, it is wise to use soft or gentle tools like soft microfiber cloth.
• Wipe Them After Wash – Unlike other types of dishes, wine glasses are never left to dry. That is because it leaves unattractive water spots would be left behind. For this reason, it is wise to use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe them clean and put them away until next use.
The main point of hand cleaning stemware is quite simple; Simply wash one piece at a time to prevent them from shattering.
To Clean wine glasses, you will need:
• Microfiber cloth or any other soft material\ • Unscented dishwasher liquid\ • A plastic cup
The first step is to fill a basin or sink with hot water, but not too hot; because it can make the crystal to crack. The water temperature should be in a range that you can handle comfortably. Use mild dish soap and mix it with the hot water. Dip the wine glass into the water and while holding it properly, use the soft piece of cloth to wash them.
The next step is to rinse the glass until when water runs clear. Using a soft clean piece of cloth, wipe the glass until dry. Repeat the process for all the glasses you have.
Cleaning Cloudy Wine Glasses with Vinegar\ You will need:
• A microfiber towel or soft cloth\ • A large bowl (enough to submerge the glass)\ • 3 cups of warm water\ • 1 cup of distilled white vinegar\ • A clean microfiber drying towel or cloth
Line the bottom of the basin with the towel and then fill the bowl with water and vinegar. Let the glass soak in the mixture for about 10 minutes. Using the drying towel, dry the glass completely. Repeat the procedure for all the glasses you have.