June 5, 2019 by maidclan
In your house, the bathroom is likely the area that requires the highest amount of cleaning and that uses up the largest quantity of chemicals.
Here are some ways that you can clean up your bathroom and make it greener.
1. Maintain proper ventilation in your bathroom: After showering, open the window or power on the fan for some minutes. This helps in clearing up excessive moisture in the air and prevents mold from forming.
2. When selecting a shower curtain choose an eco-friendly option from green materials. Some good choices include bamboo, hemp and organic cotton. PVC and Vinyl should not be considered. They are awful for your health and the environment!
3. Shift from conventional cleaning agents to natural or homemade cleaners. Vinegar and baking soda can serve as key ingredients for homemade cleaning solutions. A diluted vinegar spray in your shower after use prevents mold from growing. Baking soda, essential oils and castile soaps are some examples of green products available in the market.
Use the following mixture daily:
Simple Daily Shower Spray Recipe
3 parts of water
1 part apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
Vinegar-Free Daily Shower Spray Recipe
Mix the following in a spray bottle, shake and apply daily:
1 part of rubbing alcohol
3 parts of water
4. Get and fix a low-flow shower head in your shower: they decrease water consumption by about 50%.
5. When shaving or brushing your teeth do not leave the water running. Only turn the water on when it is necessary. Make sure you save as much water as possible.
6. Purchase organic bath towels made from bamboo or cotton, as well as organic bath mats. Normal cotton uses 25% of insecticides manufactured in the world. Go for organic options such as bamboo that are naturally produced. Furthermore, the antibacterial properties of bamboo provide an added bonus.
7. When shopping for personal care items prioritize all-natural products. Give a wide berth to petroleum-based products when purchasing soaps, perfumes, cosmetics, shampoo and moisturizers. The range of natural products available in the market is sufficient to meet all your needs.
8. Use nature-friendly light bulbs: compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) and light-emitting diodes (LEDs) bulbs conserve energy, offer improved light quality and are cheaper over the long term.
9. Flavor your bathroom by adding some houseplants to it. Many houseplants can still do well in highly humid, warm and low light bathroom conditions. The greenery will refresh the air and improve air quality.
Environmentally friendly efforts like the above mentioned can be achieved on a modest budget. They are a two-pronged solution, addressing environmental issues and at the same time improving your well-being.
Let Maid Clan cleaning experts help you. Give us a call today!